Sunday, August 1, 2010

St. George

I dont know where my summer went but I have officially arrived at my last full week in Utah. Totally crazy. Today I drove from Springville down to St. George, I will be spending the week down here with Southland Bible Church's youth pastor Jason. Basically gonna be going around doing different stuff that needs to be done, checking out some areas down here that dont have any Christian churches and talking ministry as much as possible. Im really looking forward to what God is going to do this week!

Sorry that its been a while since my last posting. A ton has happened during the in-between time! Last week we had three youth groups from Colorado come out and put on a VBS at Grace. I got to help out with that and had a great time getting to know each of the three pastors as well as their kids. Last Monday we took them to temple square and did that whole bit, it was really cool to see God working in each of the high schoolers, eyes were definitely opened that first day to the spiritual situation here in Utah.

On Thursday I had the opportunity to meet up with an LDS friend of mine that I met over last Spring break. We got lunch and had an honestly RIDICULOUSLY awesome conversation!!! We went back to the LDS institute after lunch (he is an institute professor) and God opened up more doors for conversation. I ended up talking with four LDS profs, through their questions about my summer, my schooling and my involvement with EMI God allowed me to flat out share the Gospel with them. It was pretty nuts. And by "it was pretty nuts" I mean it was totally and completely off the chain God working in Utah craziness.

As far as prayer requests go, I would ask that you all be praying for each of the institute professors that I got to talk with. That God would be working in each of them, calling them to Himself. That He would open more doors for me to continue to share with them (they want to get together and have a dinner for me before I leave for California). Also that God would continue to guide my heart and my actions towards the ministry He has set before me. And finally, obviously that God would use me here in St. George this week and that His will would be done!

Thank you everybody so much for your prayers. I cant wait to see you all and get to tell you all more details about what God has done this summer!

1 comment:

  1. It has been simply a.maz.ing to hear about how God has opened doors and presented opportunities for His Name to be proclaimed through your life this summer!

    To God Be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete