Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Eagle Mountain

On Sunday GBC had the Christian band VOTA play a show with two other groups. It was a great show, lots of fun music and lots of people! It was around 100 degrees outside and with about 200 people in the church building it was about 90 degrees inside even with the swamp cooler running. The concert was such a cool opportunity for people to bring non-believing friends to a neutral(ish) setting and have them hear the Gospel. The band laid out their faith and shared the Gospel very clearly and openly. It was an awesome night!

On Monday I drove out to Eagle Mountain to work with a pastor out here. We have been hanging drywall in his basement in the mornings and going to help out at a VBS in Lehi about fifteen minutes from his house.

It was so cool to see how God worked in the VBS yesterday! On Monday Paul and I walked around Lehi with a team from Florida handing out info cards to advertise the VBS. We just went door-to-door and told people about the upcoming program. Although I truly wanted kids to show up to the VBS, in my mind I automatically assumed that we would be putting on this program for only kids from the small local church. I guess in my California mindset I just figured that no parent would ever drop their kids off at a park with complete strangers for a few hours. But I was quite wrong in my assumption. We had around fifty kids show up, it was pretty insane.

So today we will be going door-to-door again and putting on another day of VBS. We'll see how the turn out is today.

Thank you for your continued prayers! No new requests for now, just the same good stuff from before.

No comments:

Post a Comment