Saturday, July 17, 2010

Back From Camp!

Wow, it has been a while since my last post. So much has happened over the last two weeks, it has been absolutely incredible!!!

I spent the last two weeks at Grace Haven Bible Camp. My first week at camp I had the privilege of counseling a group of seven high school guys (age range from 12 to 17). We spent the week living in a huge tent, playing ridiculous camp games (cow tongue volley ball for example), not showering and learning about God. It was smelly and awesome. God opened up huge opportunities for me to share with my guys in both our tent devotion times and our one-on-one meetings. One afternoon I got to hang out with two of my campers and explain the doctrine of the Trinity, it was an awesome time to share key verses and help them see the importance of having a right Biblical view of who God is.

My second week at camp was with elementary school kids. I didn't have to be a counselor that week (thank you Lord!) but instead got to be the camp rec guy. It was so much fun! That week at camp God presented me with some amazingly valuable conversations with pastors out here. One of the guys said the week was more of a career fair for me than a week at camp. (he said it jokingly but the funny thing is he was kind of right).

This morning I got to take part in one of GBC's ministries called Saturday Grace. Basically church and community members donate stuff all the time and then every third Saturday of the month the church opens up its doors and has everything from food to clothes there to bless people who have need. The stuff is simply out for people to take, no questions asked. The entire purpose of the ministry is to show Christ's love and grace to people in a very tangible and practical way.

Thank you for continuing to pray! Over the last two weeks I had the privilege of seeing numerous children enter into a relationship with Christ. Please pray for spiritual support for them as well as a hungering for truth and fellowship. Being a Christian child in Utah is not an easy thing. Please also continue to pray that God would lead me in where He wants to place me (both to the city and potentially to the mission organization He would have for me). If you are feeling spiritually brave... pray for revival in Utah! This state needs Jesus and they need the fullness and truth of His Gospel of Grace!!! Thank you so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment