Saturday, July 3, 2010

4th of July... on the 3rd

I left Idaho this morning and made the drive back to Springville. Along the way back I got to stop by and see my high-school lacrosse buddy I met in Manti. It was a pretty funny time, I met the rest of his family, helped he and his dad move an old water-heater, and lit firecrackers with him in their backyard.

After that little detour I got back on the interstate and finished the drive to Derrick's house. Once I made it to Springville, the Smothers family and I loaded into their Ford and headed out Provo Canyon to Midway for what has become their family tradition fireworks show. (because the 4th of July lands on a Sunday this year they celebrate on the 3rd or 5th here in the Ute-to-the-Tah) It was great, we spent the evening hanging out, grilling, playing bocce ball and talking about anything/everything ministry. It was legit.

The fireworks were fantastic, they honestly were some of the biggest explosions I have ever seen! One of them actually was so huge the fallout lit the hill on fire where they were launching them from. Clearly the highlight of the show.

Tomorrow I'll be going to Grace Bible Church and then hanging out for the rest of the day. Then Monday we head out for youth camp, I get to be a camp counselor for the next two weeks! And this is actual camping, not staying in cabins with all the Hume perks. Im stoked! Camp ministry is also something I care a lot for, so combine Ute with camp and you get Matt's dream week. Whats more, God is giving me two weeks of it!

Please be praying for the kids that I will be responsible for over these next two weeks. There will be both Christian and LDS kids at these camps so please pray specifically that God would be preparing their hearts for His truth, that I would be able to share the Gospel through both actions and words, and ultimately that God would be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment