Monday, June 14, 2010

Divine Appointments

God is so Awesome!!!

So today we had Bible study in the morning, we talked about the Trinity. In the afternoon I had some free time between our study sessions so I decided to do a little reading on my own. I went up to my room and got out my Bible, a yellow legal pad (best paper for note taking EVER), and of course good ol' Grudem's Systematic Theology. For some reason I just couldn't get comfortable on my bed so I decided to go downstairs and do my reading/note-taking in the coffee shop (I sleep above Tri-Grace Ministries' cafe Solid Rock).

As Im sitting there in the completely empty coffee shop, randomly this guy walks in through the front door. He and I started talking, it turns out this guy was a student at the college across the street and had some questions about things "Christians believe" because of some YouTube videos he had seen (praise God for the interwebz).

It also turns out that those questions revolved largely around the topic of grace... which happens to be one of my favorite topics to talk about!!! So he and I sat for around two and a half hours talking about faith in Christ and much more before he finally had to go.

As he was leaving he told me he had some more questions he wanted to talk with me about, those questions just so happened to be about THE TRINITY (Ok God...) So all that being said he and I are hanging out again tomorrow (and how ever many more times he will put up with me/I can fit in the two weeks Im here).

So please be praying for Mike! That God will open his ears, soften his heart, and continue to penetrate his mind with Biblical Truth! We serve an amazing God who loves each of us uniquely and individually. He is advancing His Kingdom one life at a time!!!

1 comment:

  1. So excited to hear how God is working even now! Will definitely pray for your time(s) with Mike and that God will remove the blinders to his mind and heart! We do serve an amazingly personal God!

    ReplyDelete