Monday, June 28, 2010

Hello Idaho

Yesterday I drove from Springville up to Preston, ID. It is absolutely beautiful up here! This week will be more or less a spiritual retreat for me before I get back to work down in Sprinville. Im staying in my own cabin... its kind of insane, I have a desk to write/work at, a tv, a refrigerator, an amazing chair to read in and my own bathroom. Kind of overwhelming but insanely awesome at the same time.

Today I got to hang out with Gloria and have chai tea while talking about books, ministry, and God's plan. Pretty much a fantastic morning in every respect. Then I was able to sit outside and read a few chapters of "The Pursuit of God", once again Tozer is rocking my socks off. Finally this afternoon Bill and I went and dug a hole for a clothes line they are putting in and moved dirt. After that we went for a bike ride and talked about life, ministry and God. Again, a fantastic way to spend time!

This week is going to be an awesome time for me to glean as much knowledge and wisdom from these amazing people as I possibly can! I'll post more of what happens as it happens.

For now, please be praying for God to use this time to continue to transform me and remove the veil of my "self-life" as Tozer puts it, which separates me from living in the presence of God. Also please continue to pray for the conversations that were had in Manti, that the seeds that were planted would grow and that God would bring about continued interaction with those He wants me to keep talking to. Thank you so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment