Friday, June 25, 2010

Where is Boasting Then?

Tonight was an amazing night in Manti! I had a fantastic conversation with an LDS guy around my age, we talked about grace (obviously hugely important, not to mention one of my favorite topics to talk about) and salvation. The good stuff! He told me he doesn't believe most of what the church teaches and only believes for sure in God and Jesus... after asking him why he was LDS he explained it was because of family. We exchanged contact info and he wants to go through the book of Romans with me via Facebook messaging. Im super excited to see where God takes him!

Random fun tid-bit of comparison to consider:

Romans 3:27-28 (Paul has argued that the law exists to show man's absolute need for God)
"Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law."
Ephesians 2:8-9
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Contrast that with the words of Joseph Smith:
"I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet . . . " (History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 408-409)

Please be praying for God to work in Brian, Bob and Bob as well as continued blessing for Tri-Grace Ministries and Ephraim Church of the Bible! Also for safe travels for me, tomorrow I will be driving up to Springville and Sunday I will continue up to Preston, ID. Thank you so much for your faithful support!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment