Saturday, June 26, 2010

Last Night in Manti

Today was my last day in Ephraim/Manti. Although Im stoked to experience what God has for me over the rest of the summer, I was pretty bummed to leave. Getting to know and minister with each individual on the team was a unique blessing. Its bitter-sweet I guess would be the best way to put it.

The day was crazy. This morning God blessed me so incredibly, I went to our morning training and learned some useful stuff, but the blessing came in the form of prayer. The man speaking asked for people who felt led to ministry in Utah to come up so he could pray for us. His prayer for me was absolutely what I needed to hear! He voiced prayer over concerns that I had only ever spoken to the Lord, it was crazy, God was like "here Matt, happy birthday, I love you and Im in control". Totally nuts.

Then tonight at Manti God brought me to a totally amazing conversation! It started by somebody mistaking me for a Mormon yet again and handing me a tract. Being the jerk that I am I played along and asked the particular girl that wanted to convert me to explain the paperwork she had handed me. At that point one of this girl's previous paper victims walked up and asked her what the purpose was for her being there and what she was trying to get at with the tract. She explained a little bit and was done with the conversation. With the end of her explanation, he and I started talking about what the tract said and if we felt the gospel offered in Mormon doctrine was in fact hopeless. It was so cool because the conversation opened up into him asking questions on nearly every salvation-essential point of doctrine imaginable.

Long story short, be praying for this young man. He and I are going to continue meeting/talking over the summer and he truly wants to seek/find the truth. He admitted that he doesn't believe in the majority of LDS doctrine and wants to understand exactly who Jesus was and who God is. I told him that was a perfect place to start because our salvation hinges on the doctrine of God (if God doesn't exist and Jesus was simply a good person, then everything I am in Utah for is pointless).

No comments:

Post a Comment