Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

First off, happy father's day to all three of my fathers! (Heavenly, biological, and step for those of you who are trying to figure that one out) No offense to my earthly dads but today I am most thankful for my adoption into sonship with the Creator of the universe! Just know that in no way diminishes my love for you two down here.

I have some really fun stories about how personal our God is! He uses the most random personal experiences for His glory (like Boy Scouts)

The other night things weren't going well on the streets of Manti. All day stuff had been falling apart more or less. There was a youthgroup coming in from California, their van's transmission blew out about an hour away from town. Other little annoying distractions had been going on at the cafe (for instance the internet went out and that took multiple hours to fix). Basically our whole team was kind of annoyed/distracted by the time we made it out to Manti. As we were worshiping before we headed out God really burdened my heart to be praying for people's conversations rather than looking for people to talk to. So as the team took to the streets I just walked around and prayed for my brothers and sisters. I was standing near a large group of students that were listening to one of our guys answer questions that people had and I asked God to keep the kids focused and allow them to absorb His truth. Randomly this guy walked up and stood right next to me, he started to yell at the high-school kids standing there "why are you listening to this crap? This is so stupid!" etc etc etc. So naturally I was like "ok God, do your thing, show me how to talk to this guy". I turned to him and asked why they shouldnt be listening, he stopped yelling and rather sheepishly told me he had just been in a conversation that went nowhere and ended with his scout master pulling him away. Boom, scouts, we started talking about scouting, how soon he would finish his Eagle, how I had only finished a week before my 18th birthday and other random scout stuff. I didnt even get a chance to transition the conversation to eternal things before he abruptly said he had to go and literally ran off. I was a little disappointed in the whole interaction until I realized God had essentially used me as a buffer, that quick interaction had stopped him from distracting the crowd of high-schoolers from hearing God's truth being preached to them.
Thank you for faithfully praying! God brought a young woman to His saving grace and continues to draw souls to Himself through our interactions in Manti!

No comments:

Post a Comment